
In 1996 a band called Los Cincos released an album full of psychedelic garage songs. Actually, I didn't know them at that time though.
I found the LP in a box where there were tons of cheap vinyl, three for ¥500 (about 5 USD) five years later. The cover was clearly designed to make you think it was a psychedelic band from the past, but it was not really. It sounded really funny for me because I was not familiar with genre like that so much and photos of the members on the back cover made me think so. Their faces on it were weird.
Now that I don't think they are funny and sound really psychedelic, just good. But the third song on the LP called A National Sensation is really cool. It sounds like The Hives plays The Who with The White Stripes, I know this is not a good comparison, Los Cincos is better than the current Stripes.
Anyways, I reconsidered Los Cincos was not supposed to be in a "garbage" box.
No comments:
Post a Comment