
My favorite avant-toy-pop trio based on San Francisco, Death Sentence: PANDA! is going to hit Japan soon.
Their sound is obviously strange if you never see or listen to them.
Death Sentence: PANDA! doesn't consist of three instruments which are a guitar, a bass guitar and drums, but of course, they have a drummer who hits the drums.
The singer, Kim West, plays flute, saxophone and glockenspiel between the time she doesn't sing.
The drummer, Chris, bangs his drum kit lightly but heavily like a thunder.
There is one more guy, Paul, who plays a pitchshifted clarinet with manipulating a sampler, making the sound like a spell that is a part of a witchcraft.
Can you imagine their magical sound?
You couldn't understand what I mean unless you see or listen to Death Sentence: PANDA! at shows or on YouTube or MySpace, etc.
If you live in Japan,you should be ready to go to their Japan tour.
This must be great.
This YouTube was recorded at SXSW in March this year, but I didn't see this show because I was in another place to see a brilliant pretty punk quartet, Finally Punk at that time.
The place Death Sentence: PANDA! played was so miserable and poor, but I liked it.
I will be there next March.
No comments:
Post a Comment