
An extreme limited debut album of Vivian Girls is finally reissued by In The Red.
I really regretted that I didn't see their show at SXSW in March.
It must have been nice.
I don't know why I didn't go to theirs.
Anyway,this reissue can be one of the happiest things in this year 2008.
Actually I don't listen to many bands after I came to Toronto,but Vivian Girls is one of the most important bands recently.
I guess that you wonder why I recommend them such enthusiastically,but,even I don't know why.
Their kind of shoegazing sound basically doesn't fit me,which is proven by my preference that I don't like most of the bands had played and are playing now.
What is their attraction to me?
Their appearance?
No.
Their personalities?
Yes,but it is not enough to get a perfect approval.
It is just because Vivian Girls play that kind of sound in this moment.
Their style is so similar to No Age and Liars,both of which are also playing a kind of shoegazing.
So I'd really love Vivian Girls to go touring with them.
It'll be delightful and filled with expectations for the next level.
RIYL:The Vaselines,Talulah Gosh,Jesus And Marychain,No Age,Liars
No comments:
Post a Comment